There are two entry points to set up the plugin and connect eveBIM to your Trnsys environment.
By clicking on the “Edit \ Settings…” menu then “Trnsys preferences” in order to input 2 values:
- a schedule DB file, which contains schedules for person presence into a thermal zone ( a default file is provided with the plugin)
- the root folder where Trnsys is installed
By the widget “Trnsys specifications” then “Simulation parameters” tab then “Files paths” in order to input 4 values:
- path to material database (PrgWall.lib) which is usually located in the TrnBuild installation folder (WARNING: a PrgLay.lib file must also be in the same folder: it contains all layers referenced by material of the PrgWall.lib file. File names may be dfferent from original one, for example DEMO_Wall.lib and DEMO_Lay.lib)
- path to window database (Usr_Win.lib) which is usually located in the TrnBuild installation folder
- path to weather files folder (used to run a simulation directly from eveBIM)
- path to a folder where simulation files will be generated (BUI and DECK files)
- le chemin vers un dossier où seront générés les fichier BUI et DECK
These values have to be set only once at the first use of eveBIM-Trnsys. They are saved and automatically used each time.